Terms and conditions
Saey Home & Garden NV General Terms and Conditions
This website is property of Saey Home & Garden NV Registered office: Industrielaan 4, 8501 Heule, Belgium
Phone: +32 (0)56 35 63 56
Availability: Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Email address: email@example.com
Company Registration and VAT number: BE 0478.739.738
Bank : ING Belgium
IBAN : BE48 3850 5312 3327
BIC / SWIFT : BBRUBEBB
The Terms and Conditions as described here are applicable to each product offered on the www.barbecook.com shop and to all deliveries. Every order implies acceptance of the general terms and conditions of sale. Belgian law exclusively applies to the Saey Home & Garden NV General Terms and Conditions. You have the right to notify Saey Home & Garden that you would like to cancel the purchase without penalty and without needing to provide a reason. This must be within 14 calendar days from the day following the delivery of the product or the conclusion of the sale agreement.
Article 1: Purchase and Payment
- The agreement between you, as the buyer, and Saey Home & Garden is concluded at the moment that you have accepted and satisfied the conditions set by Saey Home & Garden. The lack of a standard signature does not affect the binding force of the offer and the acceptance thereof.
- Saey Home & Garden reserves the right to refuse an order or impose additional conditions, for instance on large orders, orders placed by minors, incomplete ordering procedures or problems with previous orders.
- Saey Home & Garden always confirms the order by e-mail. If no confirmation email has been sent, the agreement is not yet in force. The confirmation will be sent to the email address you specified.
- Products purchased from Saey Home & Garden can only be paid for by advance bank transfer or via the other proposed methods of payment.
- Saey Home & Garden remains the owner of all products until full payment is received.
- To ensure secure online payment and security of your personal information, transaction data is encrypted using SSL technology when it is sent by the Internet. Payment using SSL does not require any special software.
- In the event of late payment, Saey Home & Garden is authorized to terminate the agreement with immediate effect or to suspend (further) delivery until you have completely fulfilled the payment obligations.
- The General Terms and Conditions and the confirmation emails are always in the same language as the website.
Article 2: Delivery and Delivery Times
- The delivery times specified by Saey Home & Garden are approximate, though they are not regarded as strict periods.
- The final delivery date is 30 days after receipt of the order, with the exception of payment by bank transfer, where the final delivery date is 30 days after receipt of payment.
- If you order a product that is temporarily out of stock, you will be notified when the product becomes available again.
- Once the products for delivery have been delivered to the specified delivery address, the risk transfers to the buyer.
- Other conditions may apply for deliveries abroad.
- Saey Home & Garden delivers to the following countries: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom and Sweden.
- Delivery shall be made solely by courier unless agreed otherwise prior to the agreement. Contact information of the Courier Service can be found on the following website: www.dpd.com.
- Shipping and delivery costs will be communicated to you before confirming your purchase. If the shipment costs cannot be calculated automatically, this will be mentioned and/or the estimated shipping costs will be provided.
Article 3: Product Information
- Information, images, verbal communication, notices, etc. relating to all offers and the main characteristics of products as provided by phone or email are as accurate as possible. Saey Home & Garden is not liable for any advice it provides, for printing errors on the website or for technical information provided by suppliers or manufacturers.
- Availability is indicated alongside each product. Saey Home & Garden is committed to providing this information as accurately as possible, nevertheless an inability to deliver can take place. This can be due to unintentional incorrect stock data or products that are no longer available from suppliers. In these cases, Saey Home & Garden will notify you as soon as possible and propose a solution.
- The products offered by Saey Home & Garden comply with legal standards and can be sold online.
- Saey Home & Garden may include links on its website to other websites that may be interesting or informative for the visitor. Such links are for informational purposes only. Saey Home & Garden is not responsible for the content of the website referred to or the use thereof.
Article 4: Cooling-Off (Trial Period) and Returns
- You have a cooling-off period of 14 days for all products purchased from Saey Home & Garden, pursuant to the Belgian law on trade practices, consumer information and consumer protection of 12 April 2010.
This period starts when you receive the delivery or someone receives it on your behalf. During this period, Saey Home & Garden expects you to take care of the products and the packaging. There is no right of renunciation if the product and packaging are no longer in their original, complete, undamaged and unused condition.
- If you wish to exercise the right of renunciation, you must inform us in writing or by telephone within the set period of 14 calendar days from the day following the delivery of the product. If you decide not to accept the purchase, you will not incur a fine and you do not need to provide reasons for this.
- The products must be returned within 14 calendar days of receipt in an undamaged, unused and unopened condition (in original condition and packaging). The shipping date is used for verification. All documentation, guarantees and packaging materials must be included in the return shipment, as well as your bank account number. The direct costs of the return are borne by the buyer. Consignments where postage is unpaid or paid insufficiently will always be refused and returned to the sender.
- Saey Home & Garden will refund you the full purchase price excluding shipping and handling within 30 days of receipt of the products.
If it appears that the products have not been received in accordance with the right of renunciation, the purchase price including shipping will not be repaid or will not be repaid in full. In that case, the product remains your property. The product can be sent back to you at your request, if you pay the associated shipment charges.
- The following exceptions apply to the rules set out:
- When a product was specifically produced or modified for you, you are logically not
entitled to the right of renunciation of seven working days.
- When a product is visibly worn or otherwise damaged, your right to a refund of your payment shall lapse.
Article 5: Guarantee Provisions
- Products sold by Saey Home & Garden have a two-year guarantee against any manufacturing defects, valid from the date of purchase and to the extent that the product was used in accordance with the instructions. The receipt or invoice stating the date of purchase counts as the guarantee certificate. This guarantee is limited to the repair or replacement of parts showing defects under normal use.
- If products have an expiry date, the guarantee will be valid until the end of the product’s shelf life, with a maximum of two years.
- Guarantee claims, including the shipping costs you incurred in order to return the product to us, will be borne by Saey Home & Garden.
Article 6: Defects
- You are obliged to inspect the goods immediately after delivery. To this end, you need to check whether the products delivered correspond with the agreement:
- Were the correct products delivered?
- Do the products delivered meet the agreed quality requirements or - in their absence - the requirements that may apply for normal use?
- If any visible defect or shortcoming is detected, you must report this to Saey Home & Garden within 7 working days after delivery.
- We must be informed of any non-visible defects within two working days after discovery and in any case, no later than 2 months following delivery, in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cost of returning products that do not meet the description of the offer will be borne by Saey Home & Garden.
Article 7: Force Majeure
- Force majeure is defined as all external causes, foreseen or unforeseen, which are beyond Saey Home & Garden’s control and which render it unable to fulfil its obligations.
- Saey Home & Garden also has the right to rely on force majeure in case the circumstance giving rise to prevention of (further) fulfilment occurs after Saey Home & Garden should have fulfilled its obligation.
- In case of force majeure delivery and other obligations of Saey Home & Garden are suspended. If the period in which Saey Home & Garden is unable to meet its obligations due to force majeure lasts for over 8 weeks, both parties will have the authority to terminate the agreement, in this case, without any obligation to pay compensation.
Article 8: Prices
- Before entering the check-out process, you will be informed about the prices of the products. All prices are expressed in Euro and include VAT, Recupel, BEBAT and Reprobel. Shipping costs are listed separately.
- If Saey Home & Garden agrees a certain price with you, Saey Home & Garden nevertheless is entitled to increase the price.
- Special offers apply for as long as stocks last.
- If a price increase takes place after the conclusion of the agreement, you may terminate the agreement irrespective of the percentage of the increase.
- A personalized quote is valid for 2 weeks, unless another period is stated in the quote.
Article 9: Intellectual Property Rights
The content of this site, including the brands, logos, drawings, data, product or company names, texts, images and so forth are protected by intellectual property rights and belong to Saey Home & Garden or third parties.
Article 10: Protection Of Your Personal Data
Saey Home & Garden processes your personal data for customer management, orders, credit management, sending commercial information and customer service purposes, with the sole aim of improving the quality of Saey Home & Garden’s services. Saey Home & Garden saves your personal data in a secure database and will not disclose this information to third parties. You may access your personal data at Saey Home & Garden at any time and are entitled to access, modify, correct and delete your data.
Article 11: Questions and Complaints
- Complaints or disputes must be reported within 7 days of delivery. If the complaint is accepted, our liability is limited to exchanging the products. Any liability of Saey Home & Garden is limited to the amount actually paid for the order.
- Saey Home & Garden treats questions and complaints within the reasonable period of 7 working days.
Article 12: Disputes
- All offers and agreements are exclusively subject to Belgian law, with explicit exclusion of any principles of conflicts of law.
- If a dispute arising from offers or agreements you have concluded with Saey Home & Garden is not resolved, this can be addressed through http://www.consumentenombudsdienst.be first.
- If a dispute arising from offers or agreements you have concluded with Saey Home & Garden is not resolved, it will be presented before the competent court in Kortrijk, Belgium, unless mandatory statutory provisions expressly designate a different court as being competent.
Article 13: Limitation of Liability
The information on the website is of a general nature. It is not adapted to personal or specific circumstances and therefore cannot be considered as personal, professional or legal advice to the user.
Saey Home & Garden makes every effort to ensure that the information provided is complete, correct, accurate and up-to-date. Despite these efforts, the information provided may contain errors. If the information provided contains inaccuracies or if certain information is not available on or through the site, Saey Home & Garden will make every effort to rectify this as soon as possible.
Saey Home & Garden cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage arising from use of the information on this site.
If you discover errors in the information provided on the site, you can contact the website’s administrator.
The content of the site (including links) may change or may be amended or supplemented at any time without announcement or notification. Saey Home & Garden does not guarantee the proper functioning of the website and can in no way be held liable for malfunctions or temporary (un)availability of the website or for any damages, direct or indirect, arising from access to or use of the website.
Saey Home & Garden cannot be held directly or indirectly or specially or otherwise liable for damage to anyone, resulting from the use of this site or another website, in particular as a result of links or hyperlinks, including without limitation, any loss, interruptions to work, damages to programs or other data on the user’s computer system or to the user’s hardware, software or other equipment.
The website may contain hyperlinks to websites or third-party pages or may refer to these indirectly. The inclusion of links to these websites or pages does not imply an implicit approval of their contents in any way.
Saey Home & Garden expressly states that it has no control over the content or other characteristics of these websites and cannot be held liable in any way for the content or features thereof or for any other form of damage resulting from their use.