Barbecook Charcoal Starter
Barbecook Red Wine Smoker Wood
Barbecook Core Thermometer
For the marinade
- 50 g brown sugar, 50 g Salt, 50 ml cream sherry, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp salt and pepper
The sublime taste of smoked poultry in itself is a reason to purchase a Barbecook smoker. In addition to the right choice of smoker wood, the marinade also gives an extra touch to your poultry dish.
We are preparing our chicken with a sherry-marinade and complementing the sweet taste with the extra touch of red wine smoker wood. Do you want more? Then extend the quantities and take the challenge of smoking a turkey and scoring big with your festive meal!
- Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade into a homogeneous mass. (You can also pour yourself a glass of sherry on us at this stage – it is the perfect warm-up drink!)
- Take the chicken (or turkey) and rub the marinade in well. We are also making some incisions in the breast, so that the marinade can work in properly.
- Place the chicken in the refrigerator for several hours, so that the flavours of the marinade can penetrate further.
- Soak the red wine smoker wood for several hours in water.
- Start the Barbecook Oskar using the Barbecook Safe Drop Charcoal Starter. (TIP: Pour an extra serving of unstarted charcoal over your fire to be able to smoke for longer and more consistently.)
- Fill the water dish and place it in the smoker.
- Now also place the chicken on the upper grate. Insert the wireless core thermometer nicely into the centre of the chicken breast, so you have perfect control over the cooking.
- Close the smoker and throw the soaked smoker wood on the charcoal. Open the air supply at the top and bottom. You will see that you soon have a beautiful, white smoke. The temperature in your Barbecook Oskar is to 120 to 150°.
- Let the chicken smoke for several hours until you get the right core temperature. For poultry this is around the 72 to 74°. If necessary, add some charcoal to keep the temperature high enough. Now and then also add some soaked smoker wood.
- Beep! Your wireless core thermometer lets you know that your chicken is ready to enjoy. Ready to serve!