Surf and turf on fire
- Barbecook Carlo
- Barbecook Charcoal Starter
- White tripe
- Grilling oil
Last year’s dominant trend was clearly the best of both worlds. The combination of fish and meat has already proven to be a daring, yet successful combination. Take it one step further with Barbecook Carlo! Grill surf & turf over charcoal to give your dish an extra boost, no matter where you’re cooking it.
- Cut the tripe into small slices, about as thick as a scampi.
- Thread the scampi and the white tripe onto skewers.
- Use the Barbecook Charcoal Starter to quickly and easily light your charcoal. If you don’t have any charcoal starter, you can use Barbecook firelighter blocks instead.
- Keep the fire perfectly under control using the vent.
- Dip the skewers in a little oil for grilling.
Tip: use fondue or peanut oil. Olive oil is less suitable for this, as it can scorch and leave a slightly bitter taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and grill the skewers on the Barbecook Carlo.
- Serve with an apple salad (if desired) and enjoy!