1 tin of corn (approx. 150g)
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin tomato sauce
1 sweet pepper
Tex-Mex spices (e.g. ground coriander seed, cayenne pepper, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper)
150g finely grated cheese
1 spring onion
pickled jalapeño peppers in small pieces
An afternoon spent playing outdoors, building a fire in the evening and enjoying a bowl of fresh nachos with melted cheese: can life get any better than this?
You have to admit that this is always a big hit with people of all ages. We will be preparing this version on the barbecue. Of course, this can also be prepared on a grill above an open fire. After a little trial and error it’s sure to be a grand success.
- Age: three years and up (for stirring in the pot)
- Serves: 6 - 8 persons
- Preparation time: 20 min
- Equipment: Barbecook Junko, Dutch Oven
- Light the fire of the Barbecook Junko. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch Oven.
- Cut the carrot and sweet pepper into pieces. Simmer briefly in the olive oil.
- Add the beans, corn and tomato sauce. Season with the spices. Allow to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the nachos to the other half of the mess tin. Pour the sauce over the nachos and top with the jalapeños (to taste), avocado and cheese. Close the mess tin, build an oven (see above) and bake the nachos for about five minutes.
- Finely chop the spring onion and coriander to use as a topping. Enjoy!