Barbecook Adam Top
Red wine smoker wood
Belgian Blue crow steak hanger steak (2 pieces)
The Belgian Blue, our national pride, is a classic in the kitchen in all its forms. Hanger steak, popularly known as crow steak, is a smaller piece of beef that was formerly (and sometimes still is) retained by the butcher for their own use. A delicious piece of beef, as our butcher Gustor also assures us.
We’re going to get started with the new Barbecook Adam charcoal barbecue. By using the lid and the adjustable air supply we can keep perfect control over the temperature of the unit and therefore over our preparation. Also, we can give a light smoked touch to this delicious dish using the new Barbecook smoker wood with grain mustard, rosemary and bacon.
- Soak the Barbecook smoker wood a few hours in advance. The smoker wood is coarser in texture and perfectly usable in the smoker or charcoal barbecue.
- Start the Barbecook Adam using the handy QuickStart system.
- Chop the fresh rosemary finely. Brush one crow steak with grain mustard and sprinkle the chopped rosemary over it.
- Place the second piece of steak on top of the first crow steak and wrap both in the bacon. To keep both pieces together nicely, we bind them together with butchers twine.
- Once your charcoal has a beautiful white ash layer, we throw in a handful of soaked smoker wood and put the grill in place.
- Place the tied crow steak nicely in the centre of the grill and close the lid. You will see that after several minutes the smoker wood starts smoking, which ensures a light smoked flavour.
- Open both air vents (on the tube and in the lid) until you get a temperature of about 175°C. Then close the air supply on the tube to maintain the temperature.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, open the top of your Adam and turn the piece of meat carefully, so that it can also cook on the other side.
- If your meat is sufficiently cooked on both sides, remove it from the Adam and cut it in fine slices, you do not need to season it further at all.
Tip: the time needed before you can turn the meat depends the thickness of the piece of meat. We recommend using the wireless core thermometer, so that perfect cooking is guaranteed.