- Barbecook Junko
- Barbecook Dutch Oven
- Barbecook charcoal starter
- Barbecook lighter cubes
- Chicken breasts
- Red and green sweet peppers
- Red chilli pepper
For the marinade:
- 4 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp double tomato concentrate, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp chicken seasoning, 1 pinch dried oregano, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 chicken stock cube crumbled, 1 tsp mustard, 1 clove garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper
We all know that buying gyros from the butcher is much easier than making it ourselves, but the satisfaction to be gained from homemade gyros means it is definitely worth giving this recipe a chance. We are using the Barbecook Dutch Oven here. This is a cast iron kettle that distributes the heat equally over the entire cooking surface and also retains the heat for a long time.
- Light the Barbecook Junko using some lighter cubes and the Barbecook charcoal starter.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Cut the sweet peppers into strips, slice the onions into rings and finely chop the red chilli pepper.
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix the chicken with the vegetables and the marinade.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in the Barbecook Dutch Oven.
- Cook the chicken gyros in it until cooked through.
- Then add 100 ml water and leave the mixture to simmer for a few minutes.
Tip: Cook the rice in a separate kettle and serve with the gyros.