Grandma's recipe with a Barbecook Twist
- Barbecook Loewy
- Barbecook Dome
- Barbecook Sausage Grill
- Whole heads of chicory
- Gruyère cheese
Chicory rolled in bacon and served with a cheese sauce is undoubtedly one of the tastiest traditional Flemish dishes. We love this recipe, but there’s just one problem. Is it even possible to cook chicory on the grill? Challenge accepted! The sausage grill in the Barbecook accessory range will come in handy here. Yes, we know, officially it’s meant for grilling sausages, but trust us, it will work!
- Boil the chicory for 4 minutes with half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of sugar.
- Allow the chicory to cool and squeeze out the excess water.
- Roll the chicory heads in bacon.
- Light your Barbecook Loewy using the QuickStart system.
- Place 4 bacon-wrapped heads of chicory in the sausage grill and close it.
- Attach the Dome to the Barbecook Loewy so the heat from the flame is reflected and the chicory is cooked on both sides. This speeds up the cooking time.
- Put the sausage grill on your Loewy and cook the bacon rolls until they’re crisp.
- Remove them from the sausage grill, sprinkle them with some Gruyère cheese while they’re still hot and watch it melt. Enjoy!