For 2 people
- 2 cod fillets
- 1/2 leek
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 tbsp good olive oil
- freshly ground pepper & salt
- 1 clove of garlic
- a handful of fresh parsley (I used flat)
- aluminium foil
These fish packets are perfect for any BBQ evening: they take no more than a few minutes to prepare and if you want you can already make the packets in the morning and put them in the fridge so that in the evening they can go straight on the BBQ.This is how you make it:
- Start with making the garlic oil. Pour the olive oil into a bowl, press the garlic above it and add plenty of freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Dab the cod fillets with kitchen paper towels and brush both sides with the oil.
- Wash the leek and cut it into rings.
- Put two pieces of aluminium foil over each other twice (then the packets are a bit stronger) and spread the leek over this.
- The cod fillets are placed on top.
- Finally, cut the lemon into slices and place 3 on each piece of cod.
- Now the papilottes ready to go on the BBQ.
It just depends on how you love have to have the fish prepared: I don’t like them if they’re cooked too long (and dry). They should probably go on the Barbecook Edson for about 15-20 minutes, but do open the package in between to quickly check whether they’re done. The fish should at least be no longer glassy. And still a bit firm, but also tender. Serve with freshly chopped parsley. Bon appetit!