- Barbecook Junko
- Barbecook lighter cubes
- Large and small wood blocks
- Barbecook barbecue pan
- Deveined prawns
- Chicken breast
- Spanish paella rice
- Frozen peas
- Red sweet pepper
- White wine
- Chicken stock
Southern aromas over a real wood fire is something that nobody can resist. Prawns are large shrimps (not crayfish) and are perfect on the grill. Combine this barbecue shellfish with some Southern vegetables, chicken and rice, and enjoy the sultry Spanish sensations on your plate with a glass of sangria. Olé!
- Put some small, dry wood blocks in a pile. Insert some lighter cubes in amongst the wood and light them with a long match. Build the fire by adding large and small wood blocks.
- Put some olive oil in a hot barbecue pan and briefly fry the prawns until they are browned but not cooked through. Remove them from the pan again.
- Cut the chicken breast and chorizo into chunks and fry them. Move them to the outer edge of the pan once they are cooked through.
- Now grill the onion and sweet pepper until they are cooked through.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir-fry it briefly with all the other ingredients and then deglaze with a glass of white wine.
- Now add the chicken stock (double the quantity of the rice) gradually until the rice has absorbed all the moisture.
- Colour the paella with turmeric and top off with the peas and the prawns.
- Let everything cook together for a couple of minutes, so that all the tastes mingle.